Sunday, September 5, 2010

I couldn't resist.

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't be working on my costume until the girls' were done but......I couldn't help myself!

Here are the two concept designs I came up with. Both are based off of Butterick's Retro 1948 jacket pattern #B5144

In the design on the left I would keep the coat the original length and make a black skirt with a godet at the centre back for some visual interest. Since the jacket will be in a wool, I think I'd make the skirt is something shinier.

The design to the right would be the jacket extended to the floor in the back and just be a basic robe.

For material I'm looking at a lovely wool I bought recently for the jacket with black velveteen for the collar and cuffs.

Oh and in case you're wondering what's up with the hat - I already have that hat in it has a veil in the front. It's my favorite hat so far! 

Feel free to comment folks! Now I'm off to finish some hand sewing on the Hogwarts robe.

Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment