Saturday, October 2, 2010

Not enough hours!

I have come to the firm conclusion that there are just not enough hours in the day! I have books to read, blogs to read, costumes to sew, regular stuff to sew, homework to deal with, work to deal with and posts to write.
As you may have guessed from the list, writing blog posts is not the highest on my priority list, I think this is probably because it's the newest thing ion my list and while I love it, and enjoy it (as long as the computer is acting nicely) it's not yet a habit.
So over the next little while I promise to work on a strategy to make it a habit. I promise.

In the meantime I do have some progress to report; sewing progress that is, I doubt you'd want to hear about my reading progress or homework! 

First is the Gryffindor robe. It is now nearly complete and 100% wearable. It will be complete when it has a button closure and the pockets Miss C asked for. ;-)
Here is Miss C showing off her new robe. Note that while she's not the tallest person in a room she is at least 5'4" and I took 9.5 inches off the length of this pattern! Yes, that's right I said 9.5 inches!!!!
As you can see it's a darn good thing I did take the length out or she would have not been able to wear this.

Sleeve lining and facings are all in Gryffindor burgandy a la the 3rd movie. So is the hood, but we forgot to get a good pic of that. 
The good news is that this robe will now become a family "dress up" staple as it's large enough to even fit me!
Pardon my lack of head here but Miss C took a lovely picture of me making a face. LOL Trust me, you didn't want to see this without the cropping!

I've also finished the cabled scarf that Miss S then turned and proclaimed was hers. I have to admit except for the purple in the yarn, the colours really are more her. I'll try and get pictures of that tomorrow The weather forecast for tomorrow isn't the best but at least I can do better than inside lighting then.

My Butterick jacket is almost done. I've have been stealing away for 10 and 20 minute little burst to work on it, even taking the minute the computer takes to start up to do a little something as I'm feeling the crunch for Hallowe'en sewing. It is October after all.
The outer shell and lining are both done as of today so all I have to do is get them together. I'm going to read over (and over) the instructions to do a bag lining from Threads and see if I can wrap my head around it and make it work.

That's my plan for the coming week with hopefully Miss C's skirt too.I shall keep you all posted.

As a last shot here's a picture of our garage getting decorated for Hallowe'en. It's a work in progress but I thought it would be interesting to show.

These are part of a Martha Stewart package of Hallowe'en vinyl wall cling things. Sorry, it's getting late and I need to go to bed but I've been fighting with blogspot's new photo editor. I think I have it figured out but now I'm really brain tired. If I wasn't I'd be spelling things correctly and not have to back space and I'd link to a page with the decorations on it. Maybe tomorrow. On that note....


No comments:

Post a Comment