Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday Already?

Well, my plan with blogging although vague, I'm pretty sure included posting once a week, probably on the weekends.

As you can see this weekend.....it didn't happen.

Probably because I got no real sewing done. :-(

I did get some mindless prep work done though so that's good. Both sets of flannel for Christmas pj's are ironed and ready.

Christmas pj's are a tradition I started when C was .....maybe 2? So 11 years or so now. I actually got the idea from a book. The girls each get a set of new pj's (or nightgown or whatever) and they get to open them on Christmas Eve.

It's silly really as they pick out the material and now the patterns and yet, somehow, it satisfies the need for something to open early. Go figure.

I did get *something* done though which was good. I finished spinning up the Mulled Wine I got in September. I got it plied up too. Amazingly enough that means that I have spun and plied everything I've bought this year! And stuff from last year too. Isn't that amazing?!?!? Trust me, it is. Especially since I've gotten stuff at 3 events this year.

Here's a pic of the spun and plied Mulled Wine.

I don't know if you can really see the colours but it's gorgeous. Mostly a deep red with the odd bit of purple and then some hints or orange (which really kinda spun out).
As usually I have no idea what I will do with it. Maybe mittens? Anyone have any ideas?

Well, time to sign off, I have to get a good nights rest as tomorrow is my last day before vacation. I'm home for the first bit and then it's off to Disney! Just over a week away. I'm finally getting excited. Wheeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment