Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Love My Library

I know, I know, as a Librarian it should be pretty normal, a requirement even, to love libraries and I do! But today I'm talking about *my* library.

To explain; I'm a single mom, I don't work quite full time and there is not a lot money in our house to throw around. Which honestly I think is a good thing in some ways, but that's another posting. So, that means I don't go out to the movies a lot. In fact it's a pretty big occassion when we do. Heck, I don't even rent movies a lot. They're expensive too!

Now, how does not being able to afford to go to movies and loving my library relate?

Recently I noticed movies on my library's Best Seller Express display (that's for new stuff that you can only borrow for a week - cuts down on holds; it's a great system!). I have no idea when they started to do this but suddenly I can watch a newly released movie (more than once if I want to and have the time!) and not be so out of touch! Yehaw!!!!

And if plans suddenly change, as they are wont to do in a life with a teen and a pre-teen, and I run out of time to watch the movie, or it turns out to be a stinker that I hate (or it bores me to tears!) I don't have to feel guilty about spending the money on something I didn't watch....because it was free!!! Yay!

FYI I have watched Iron Man, The Hulk, Star Trek, The Changling, Gran Torino, X-men 3, Benjaman Button and I just borrowed Quantum of Solace. We've borrowed a few others and not managed to see them and I have a few more on my list.
The library also has older movies so my kids now finally get the jokes about "Who Ya Gonna Call".

Yep, I love my library! Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment